[BRLTTY] Feature request: configurable prompt pattern

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 14 10:06:09 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2018/03/13 at 22:10 -0400]

>But the inexperienced wouldn't have to do anything if the default
>mimics the current behavior, no?

Yes, for sure.

>However such a feature i.e. the ability to modify what NXPROMPT matches,
>could be very useful to those who are experienced enough to tweak their
>prompt.

Yes. I think my issue is with the complexity of overriding the default. I'd
still like that, if possible, to be simple enough to be usable by more peolpe
than just the super experienced.

>I think this would be a worthwhile feature if the default preserves
>existing functionality for those who don't care about the extra
>flexibility.

I'm not opposed to the concept at all - just pushing for ideas to try to keep
it as easy to use as possible.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |