[BRLTTY] Problem with PM display

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 1 11:17:36 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Haipeng Hu on 2018/05/01 at 07:20 +0800]

>I just installed BRLTTY on my Win10 X64 system, and I have a Pac Mate 40
>display. I installed the driver by installing Jaws, and the 64-bit driver (not
>BRLTTY) runs correctly with Jaws and NVDA. But when I try to use the display
>with other screen readers such as the narrator and Sunshine which just
>supports BRLTTY last month, BRLTTY seems not working with the driver. Does
>BRLTTy only support 32-bit driver of this kind of display? Or must I do any
>other configurations?

If you've installed brltty-5.6 then both the libusb and libusb-1.0 versions
support 64-bit systems. If, however, you've installed an earlier release of
brltty then the libusb version may not work very well on a 64-bit system
(although the libusb-1.0 version will).

I suspect that isn't your problem, though. What I suspect is happening is that
the other driver is claiming the device, which means that brltty isn't even
seeing it.

I don't know much about Windows, so what I'm saying should really be confirmed
or denied by someone who knows Windows far more than I do.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |