[BRLTTY] brltty.com is becoming brltty.app

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 8 21:34:01 EDT 2018

Some people have asked me why we went with brltty.com since, of course, brltty
is free and maintained by volunteers whereas .com means "company" or
"commercial". The answer is that it was the best choice at the time. We
actually wanted brltty.org, but it was already taken by someone who's been
squatting on it for years. I think it was his way of wanting to contribute, and
then he took it kind of hard when said "no" because I didn't want to place my
trust in someone I didn't even know who showed up out of nowhere with his
offer.

So much for that bit of history. Now onto more cheerful stuff. The .app domain
has just (today) opened up to the public and we laid our claim to brltty.app. I
personally think that .app is way better than .org for brltty so that's what
we're now in the process of switching over to.

Please ensure that whatever spam filtering, junk folder management, or whatever
that you're using or subject to allows you to receive mail from brltty.app.

You can already send messages to brltty at brltty.app, although messages sent to
brltty at brltty.com will still work. Please start sending them to
brltty at brltty.app now as the brltty at brltty.com address will eventually be
phased out. Note that we also took this opportuniity to finally remove the
ability to send to the original (now ancient) brltty at mielke.cc address.

You can now also go to brltty's web site via: http://brltty.app/

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |