[BRLTTY] problem with defining some key bindings

payman shaykhmehdi payman.shaykhmehdi at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:23:44 EDT 2018

> So you're trying to solve the problem of giving braille device access to
> more
> Orca commands for a single braille device?

Yes, I'm working on a new braille device.

 May I suggest a different approach that'd be more useful to everyone? What
> about defining more brltty commands, i.e. BRL_CMD_...

So, why not just enable brltty to accept more than one nonModifier key? In
your approach, We need to modify both brltty and Orca, and every time Orca
adds a command (maybe) we must add a BRL_CMD_... .
But if it would be possible to handle more than one nonModifier key, We can
use Orca commands just by defining some key table bindings.

Another problem that I've encountered is that xbrlapi doesn't send
modifiers to applications. For example, Orca ignores any speech output by
pressing Control key. I've mapped one key to CONTROL
 and in my braille driver I enqueue press and release events, but it seems
that Orca doesn't receive these events from xbrlapi.
Is it possible to catch these events using brlApi?