[BRLTTY] Braille displays not working with Fedora installation process

Pawel Loba ploba60 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:05:46 EDT 2018

Good day,
I just joined this list so I am not sure if anybody brought this issue up.

Recently, I tried to install Fedora Workstation 25 and 28 releases. In
both cases none of used Braille displays seems to work under ORCA. I
tried this with Focus40 Classic and Blue versions, and Brailliant40.

I am just a user and don't have enough knowledge about development
aspect of this technologies but it seems to me like lack of
communication between ORCA and Braille display unit.

It can't be my hardware fault since there is no problem with Debian
installation or working within Debian's graphical environment and ORCA
on the same machine.

Another question, is there any possibility to make Fedora Server
installation accessible for a blind user using Braille or speech?

Thank you,
Pawel