[BRLTTY] Prompt matching.

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Wed Nov 28 12:52:52 EST 2018

Hi

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:
 > How many patterns have you, at this point, written?

Currently 8, and the amount is slowly increasing.

 > If you send them to me then I could include them in brltty.conf as
 > commented out examples.

Some of my patterns are highly specific to my use cases (since Ilike to
configure things, many of my prompts are non-standard). Also I feel that I
need more testing and development time for the patterns that would be useful
for others (e.g. my IRB pattern currently does not work with incomplete
statements, and I've been lazy to fix it).

 > there could be an option, but the question still is what shuld it default to. I
 > have two reasons for believing that it should default to enabled. They both
 > boil down to the importance I place on coding for average users who, I believe,
 > want to place much more attention on their jobs than on the intracacies of
 > interesting features of base applications.

I understand. I don't mind what the default state of that option is, as long
as it is there.

 > Si here's a practical question: Has the fact that the original algorithm still
 > works actually caused you a problem?

Yes, if I'm reading a piece of command output and want to skip right to the
previous prompt, and the line just happens to start with a word that the old
algorithm finds at the beginning of a preceeding line, it jumps to it rather
than just staying where I was, because there are no preceeding prompts.

This is a minor annoyance though.

--
Aura