[BRLTTY] Prompt matching.

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Mon Oct 8 19:33:01 EDT 2018

Hello list,

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:

 > I'm finally having a look at implementing using regular expressions to match
 > prompts.

Great, yeah!

 > The easiest way to specify the regular expressions would be to add a blrty.conf
 > directive (e.g. prompt-pattern). For historical reasons, doing it this way
 > would mean that a pattern wouldn't be able to contain a comma.
[--]
 > How unreasonable would such a restriction be?

To me it feels quite arbitrary from user's point of view. Still I probably
would not suffer a lot - none of my prompts at the moment contain any commas.

How unreasonable it woule be to implement either:

1. string quoting in brltty.conf
2. somma-escaping on the config file level
or
3. escaping commas (and other characters) on regex pattern level - e.g. \u002C
instead of comma?

It would be a good idea to implement number three in any case as nowadays
there are fancy REPLs with fancy prompts - like Idris' prompt which contains
lambda and pi followed by closing angle bracket.

--
Aura