[BRLTTY] Speak indentation

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Sun Sep 9 18:02:15 EDT 2018

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018, Sebastian Humenda wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dave Mielke schrieb am 09.09.2018, 13:58 -0400:
> >[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2018/09/09 at 19:28 +0200]
> >>I would like to request a functionality that, if switched on, would the number
> >>and kind of indentation when changing the current line. For instance "eight
> >>spaces" or "three tabs".
> >What if it's a mixture like: 2 spaces, 3 tabs, 5 spaces
> Then I think this needs to be announced.

BRLTTY has no access to that information.  Tabs are always expanded into
spaces on the screen and there is no way to tell if some indentation is
made of spaces or tabs at that level. Only your text editor knows that.

I imagine that a vi or emacs guru would know how to make tabs into some
visible characters though.

Nicolas