[BRLTTY] Speak indentation

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Tue Sep 11 11:41:08 EDT 2018

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, Sebastian Humenda wrote:

> Hi
>
> Nicolas Pitre schrieb am 09.09.2018, 18:02 -0400:
> >> Then I think this needs to be announced.
> >
> >BRLTTY has no access to that information.  Tabs are always expanded into
> >spaces on the screen and there is no way to tell if some indentation is
> >made of spaces or tabs at that level. Only your text editor knows that.
> I see. It's a pitty, but I don't mind too much, I happen to work with spaces 98
> % of the time anyway.

You should fix this issue at the editor level instead. For example,
here's how you would do with vi:

https://vi.stackexchange.com/questions/422/displaying-tabs-as-characters

Several other sources show how to do it if your editor is emacs.

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with the use of a braille display.
Sighted people have the same issue.

Nicolas