[BRLTTY] Contracted emojis?

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Fri Sep 28 09:43:29 EDT 2018

Mario Lang <mlang at blind.guru> writes:

> So, we can either generate these at build time, or
> have the core do the work inline.  Autogeneration has the disadvantages
> that later changes in contraction tables will not propagate to the emoji
> expansion.

I wasn't thinking clearly when I wrote this.  The fact that we have
different contraction modes (capitalisation for instance) makes
autogenerating contracted data beforehand pretty much impossible.
However, we should be able to reuse this script to generate
expansion-tables.
Something like:

Tables/Expansion/de.etb:
expand \U1f1f1 textual expansion # comment

And a new directive (language) for ctb files so that different
contraction systems can declare which language they are dealing with.
Or we just use include and make expand a directive of ctb files.

Dave: If you let me know which format you'd like to have, I can deal
with generating this stuff from cldr data.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕