[BRLTTY] Build brltty with support for espeak-ng

Tage Johansson frans.tage at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 09:08:31 EST 2019

I'm sorry if I send this message twise, but something happened with my
internet connection first time I sent it, so I'll send it again so I'm
sure it will be sent.

If I just install espeak-ng in arch linux and run:

$ ./configure && make

I get an error because libespeak.so is not included in espeak-ng on arch
linux. Probably brltty should not try to build the espeak-driver
automaticly if espeak-ng is available.

But if I run:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libespeak-ng.so.1 /usr/lib/libespeak.so.1

# ln -s /usr/lib/libespeak-ng.so.1 /usr/lib/libespeak.so

$ ./configure && make

It works!

How ever, then I found another problem. All speech messages are
enqueued. So if I walk two lines quickly, brltty speaks the first line
done before it starts to speak the second line. I have set "say line
mode" to immediate. This is probably a bug and I would be very pleased
if it could be fixed.

Best regards,

Tage