[BRLTTY] description flags brlapi_expandedKeyCode_t

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Dec 9 13:36:20 EST 2019

Quartel, Eric de, le lun. 09 déc. 2019 06:50:37 +0000, a ecrit:
> I want to see when a key goes down (pressed) or up (released) on the
> brailledisplay.
>
> I think the answer is in de flags of brlapi_expandedKeyCode(key,&ekey), where
> ekey.flags will give me the information.

No, brlapi_expandedKeyCode can only be used on non-device-specific
key codes.

> Is there any description of the flags? cannot find them.

It's all in the manual pages: man BRLAPI_KEY_FLG_MOD1 etc., and in
brlapi_keycodes.h

But again, that's only for non-device-specific key codes.

For device-specific key codes, only the BRLAPI_RAWKEY_PRESS flag is
defined, that will exactly tell you whether it's a key press or key
release (we are currently discussing whether to rename it actually).

Samuel