[BRLTTY] installing device driver

Ivan pivac ivan at ivanpivac.co.nz
Fri Feb 1 03:26:36 EST 2019

Hi Dave,

many thanks for your thoughts on installing a driver for my
BrailleConnect display.  Regarding the brltty option in NVDA, when I
click on this option, the error message appears saying simply that the
brltty driver cannot be installed.

When I review all the drivers that are installed on the PC, there is no
brltty nor Baum driver mentioned.  under the device manager, the
BrailleConnect is mentioned but says that no driver has been installed
for it.  I am running a 64 MB processor but the display has worked just
fine.  I do suspect that it is actually a NVDA problem even though the
brltty driver has come with the software and shown under braille display
drivers.

I know that Baum's driver for the display is called the supervario
driver but I haven't been able to locate another copy. I may have the
original 32 byt option which came with the unit. Certainly, the
supervario driver worked fine.  With Baum no longer producing displays,
I don't know if Humanware are continuing to upgrade the driver.  As you
remarky, another member on the list who is more familiar with Windows
may have suggestions.

Best regards

Ivan

--