[BRLTTY] Udev being fussy

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Feb 2 00:10:14 EST 2019

[quoted lines by Keith Wessel on 2019/02/01 at 22:11 -0600]

>First, to clarify as I think I confused you when I mentioned Centos. This is
>my home system that I'm working with which, as I mentioned in my first
>message, is running Gentoo.

Okay, so what I said about RecHat maybe wanting to manage brltty their own way
may well have been wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

As for your probems(s), yes, you do need to tell udev when its rules have been
chagned and systemd when its units have been changed.

   For udev: udevadm control --reload
   For systemd: systemctl daemon-reload

The make files for the latest brltty in Autostart/Systemd/ and Autostart/Udev/
both support "make reload".

Neither of these commands stops anything. For systemd, you should systemctl
stop, then modify the units, then systemctl daemon-reload, then systemcl start.
For udev, you'll need to exlicitly kill whatever you want to first stop.

It isn't clear to me how you modified the udev rules file. Just take the one
from the latest brltty.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |