[BRLTTY] Typing without typos

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed Feb 13 03:53:42 EST 2019

Dear all,

It turns out that I do quite a lot of typos (inversion of letters,
missing spaces...) when typinig at a PC-keyboard, no matter which
PC-keyboard I use. It also seems to me that
several of you guys seem to do much less typos than me. Recently I
started discussing the issue with sighted friends because I thought I
had a problem with typing. These friends said that they, too, do typos
when they type and it's just that they fix them and it's easy for them
to fix their typos.

So my question to you guys is how are you doing to produce typo-free
texts in an efficient way? I sdo use spell-checking, but it does not
find everything so I need to proof-read what I write which takes me a
lot of time and energy. My other current solution is, e.g.for mersonal
mails, to just accept my typos and send them out without proof-reading,
which makes me more efficient with a loss in quality.

Would be interested in any trick or suggestion you may have come up
with.

Best wishes,

Shérab.