[BRLTTY] Brltty 6 and Centos 7

Keith Wessel keith at wessel.com
Wed Feb 27 11:47:02 EST 2019

Hi, Dave and crew,

I was hoping to build or install Brltty 6 on my Centos 7 system. I grabbed
the main RPM (brltty main package, binary 64-bit RPM) and did a --test
--upgrade to see what it might need. It looks like, among other things, it
wants glibc 2.27. The current Centos 7.5 latest version of glibc is 2.17.

Were these RPMs intended for Fedora? I know the download page mentions both
Fedora and Redhat, but I'm wondering if that text is more geared toward the
RPM format rather than the specific packages. Or is there a way to get these
RPMs to install on Centos 7?

I'm happy to build from source RPM again but would love to skip that step if
there's a way on my current OS to use the binary packages.

Thanks,
Keith