[BRLTTY] Ideal braille display

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jan 9 15:31:35 EST 2019

[quoted lines by Brian Tew on 2019/01/09 at 14:16 -0600]

>Most of us are lucky if we get to fool with one display. Dave, you have worked with many.
>I wish you would give us the benefit of that experience and describe the ideal display.
>And tell which displays come closest--which you prefer personally.
>I would like to see this posted on the web, so I can point people to it.

There's no such thing as the ideal braille device. Each user has his/her own
personal preferences, requirements, available funds, etc. Some users need
larger dislays and some need smaller ones. Some users want a qwerty keyboard,
others want a braille keyboard, and others want no keyboard. Some users perfer
lots of controls and others prefer fewer controls. Some users are able to spend
lots of money and others aren't. Some users want to use USB and others want to
use Bluetooth. Each person must select the device that best fits his/her needs.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |