[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and accessibility of Grub under UEFI

Kelly Prescott kprescott at coolip.net
Sun Jan 27 21:39:01 EST 2019

here is how I handle my work laptop.
I have 2 operating systems.
top of the list is Linux.
second is Windows 10
I have the system to save the last reboot so if I just reboot and don't
touch it, it just goes back to the one it was in.
My grub beeps at startup.
If I want Linux, for example, I just press the up arrow after the beep
(several times to make sure).
Then I get Linux.
If I want to switch to windows, I just run a little shell script which
resets the grub environment variable so it boots to windows when it
reboots and I have no problems.
my bootwindows.sh scripts looks like:
#!/bin/bash
grub-set-default osprober-efi-df8e479...
I get this value from my /boot/grub/grub.cfg which is the menu_id_option
in the file for windows
in /etc/default/grub I set grub_savedefault=true
then I set
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
This is how to get the behavior of saving the last booted OS.
Hope this helps and is not to far off topic.