[BRLTTY] Using the Orbit Reader 20 with BRLTTY and Orca

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Thu Jun 6 11:34:21 EDT 2019

Actually, I just commented out the setting to use ttyACM0, restarted the
systemd service, put the unit in HID mode, and I now get "screen not in
text mode" under X, and output on the console. Neat. Guess I was a bit
too zealous in trying to configure things.

When you ask if I'm using Orca's BRLTTY driver, what specifically do you
mean? I don't see an option in Orca's settings to select a specific
driver, nor do I see anything obvious in `orca --help`. Where do I learn
which driver I'm using? Braille support is enabled from the screen
reader preferences GUI. That, plus a few generic options like Grade 2,
are all I see in that screen.

Thanks for the detailed response.