[BRLTTY] Reading long texts efficiently and comfortably

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Nov 1 06:56:17 EDT 2019

Dear all,

Very often, I would like to read long texts such as books and find
myself not doing it because it feels to me it would take just too much
time and/or energy, since I find reading in braille very slow for long
texts. On the other hand, reading such texts with a speech synthesis
system might be faster and less tiring, but then it feels to me I would
miss potentially important information by not seeing how things are
spelled or missing some typographic indication.

I hove two main questions to those of you who feel they are able to go
through long texts in a way which they feel is both efficient and
comfortable.

1. How are you doing that? Which tools are you using?

2. Do you feel that certain tools, if they would exist, would make your
life even more easy? Which tools should that be?

Best wishes,

Shérab.