[BRLTTY] error after i run make / keycodes description

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 28 10:33:26 EST 2019

[quoted lines by Quartel, Eric de on 2019/11/28 at 09:05 +0000]

>if I don't use sudo I get permissions errors, changed folder rights with chmod
>777, can run now without sudo, is this the right way to do it?

That's because the files aren't owned by you. Perhaps you downloaded the brltty
source as root. Rather than granting everyone full permissions to the files, I
think it'd be much better to use the chown command so make the files be owned
by you. Better yet, which I think you'll need to do anyway (see below), you
should do the git checkout as yourself.

>see attached files with messages_make.txt from make and the header file.
>brlapi_constants.h

Your brlapi_constants.h is nearly empty. It should be much larger - mine has a
little over 400 lines in it. This looks very similar to a problem that was
reported, here, about a week ago. The problem was that some of the awk scripts
that building brltty uses were compatible with gawk but not with mawk. What
does the AWK = line in config.mk say?

This problem has now been fixed. Please, therefore, get the latest brltty
development source and give it another try.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |