[BRLTTY] keycodes description

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Fri Nov 29 05:47:10 EST 2019

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:
 > Aura Kelloniemi (2019/11/29 12:02 +0200):
 > > I just did not see what value it would add to BRLTTY
 > > that it would include code that is not built as part of the normal
 > > build process.

 > Well the bindings are built as part of the normal build process, if
 > configure detects that the required software are installed.

That is exactly my point. As I explained, Rust tooling does not currently
support system- or even user-wide installations of libraries. Instead, they
are always built as part of the binaries that they are used in (and mostly
linked in statically). Thus the bindings, if included in BRLTTY source tree,
can be built, but the library files cannot be installed anywhere where they
would be accessible to the normal Rust build tool called Cargo. Thus including
them in BRLTTY would serve only some kind of documentary purpose.

--
Aura