[BRLTTY] EasyBraille autodetection

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Oct 19 12:59:52 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Alex Bernier on 2019/10/19 at 11:09 +0200]

>With BRLTTY 6.0, the auto-detection of EasyBraille 40 in Bluetooth stops to
>work.

Are you saying that it did work in the previous release (5.6)?

>In my setup, three devices are paired. My /etc/brltty.conf looks like :

0>  braille-device usb:,bluetooth:00:18:9A:25:79:81 # Hims SmartBeetle
>  braille-device usb:,bluetooth:00:18:DA:04:07:70 # HandyTech EasyBraille 1
>  braille-device usb:,bluetooth:00:18:DA:04:07:AD # HandyTech EasyBraille 2

When you have more than one braille-device line, only the last one is used. If
your goal is to recognize any USB device and all three Bluetooth devices then
you need to put all four device identifiers on the same braille-device line.

>When the SmartBeetle is off and the EasyBraille is on, the EasyBraille is
>wrongly detected by the hm driver as it was a BrailleSense (see lines 353-358
>of the attached log).

There must be a similarity in the probe. It's been a while so I'd have to check
to be sure. This being said, the normal case is that the Bluetooth name would
guide brltty to selecting the correct driver. What's the Bluetooth name (case
is important) of the braille device?

>It works correctly again when i uncomment the two following lines in
>/etc/brltty.conf :
>
>braille-driver  hm      # HIMS
>braille-driver  ht      # HandyTech

Again, only the last braille-driver line is used. If you want both then they
must be specified on the same line.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |