[BRLTTY] Custom text table on Android

Frans-Willem Post fwpost at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:53:22 EDT 2020

Hello again,

On 07-08-2020 16:41, Dave Mielke wrote:
> Not easily because the list is hard-coded. This is so that a proper name for
> each tale, rather than its file name, can be displayed.OK, I understand.

> In theory (though I haven't tested this recently), you can use the same file
> name as an existing table and put it in the brltty folder at the top-level of
> an SD card.
I tried to follow these instructions, but did not succeed.

All in the top root of an SD-card on an Android 9 system, wanting to
overrule the default Dutch text-table 'nl (Nederlands)'. I removed the
'include ...' statements from my custom table file and then placed them:

- /brltty/nl.ttb
- /brltty/Tables/Text/nl.ttb
- /BrlTTY/nl.ttb
- /BrlTTY/Tables/Text/nl.ttb
- /Android/data/org.a11y.brltty.android/nl.ttb
- /Android/data/org.a11y.brltty.android/Tables/Text/nl.ttb

But every time I switch from, say German to Dutch, the default table
takes over. I'm testing with DOT1; this should give me the character
'a', but I get the digit '1' instead.

Where should I put the overriding table exactly?
If it's too much trouble, please say so. "No" is an answer, too :)

Thanks again,

Frans-Willem

--
Met de bijlage 'signature.asc' kan uw e-mailprogramma garanderen dat
bovenstaand bericht van mij afkomstig is, en onderweg niet door derden