[BRLTTY] focussing difference when using TalkBack with- and without brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 19 08:56:12 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by henk.abma at gmail.com on 2020/08/19 at 14:19 +0200]

>This fixes the issue for  the most part. The only strange thing I see is
>that focus first seems to jump to the place where brltty would originally
>place the focus after leaving an article, then changes it's mind and jumps
>to the location suggested by talkback.

This may be the best we can do. When I watch the events that take place, it
takes almost a second for them to finish. The screen is initially positioned at
the top, and then various things, including scrolling to the right place,
occur. I'm not sure what logic TalkBack is using in order to know to not speak
right away. Maybe (though totally unconfirmed) it simply waits for the events
to settle down.

Brltty could use this logic, but that may not have an expected effect. It'd
mean that absoultely nothing would update on the braille display until about a
second after you click Back. I'm not sure what's better (or worse) - an
immediate update followed by a corrective update, or nothing for about a
second.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |