[BRLTTY] Making postmarketOS blind-accessible

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sat Aug 22 14:20:02 EDT 2020

> On Aug 22, 2020, at 11:02, Rylan Vroom <dj.sonr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wow, this is a great idea! I've fallen off the *nix bandwagon in
> recent years but this sounds like a project / situation that would
> rekindle my interest :) It doesn't seem like too many devices are
> supported though...

The https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Devices page only lists about
a dozen devices in the "Community" section, but hundreds are listed
in the "Testing" section.  We can't know how quickly the status will
change for any given device, but the project seems to be pretty well
organized and active, so I'm hopeful things will move along.

Another thing to keep in mind is that even devices in the "Testing"
section might be usable as a portable notetaker, email access point,
etc.  However, finding an appropriate device to buy would be a slog.

-r