[BRLTTY] Muting Sound Effects

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Feb 14 14:11:29 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Mohammad on 2020/02/14 at 07:03 +0200]

>I am digging through the app and finding nothing about sound effects at all.
>The only thing related to audio is speech support which I disable.

They aren't sound effects. They're what are called alert tunes. You can't alter
those settings from brltty's Settings screen. You need to go into its
Preferences menu for that.

The Preferences Menu is internal to brltty, and you get to it via a key
combination on your braille device. It won't show up on your Android screen -
just on your braille display. The key combinatin you need to use depends on
which braille device you're using. If it has a braille keyboard then it's most
likely Space+p (dots 1234).

When in the Preferences Menu, go into the Event Alerts submenu. In tehre,
you'll find an Alert Tunes setting for turning them on/off. You'll also find a
PCM Volume setting for making them louder/softer.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |