[BRLTTY] Newbie curious about Inceptor braille display driver.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jan 5 12:34:47 EST 2020

[quoted lines by tony seth on 2020/01/05 at 09:12 -0800]

>I think for now I'll stick with the stable release and I'll keep
>trying with bluetooth.

Now that I've looked at it closer (which I shuld've done a long time ago), I
think it'll be difficult to make the Bluetooth bindings totally useful. I can
get into the technical reasons if you'd like, but, for now, the basic reason is
that, in Bluetooth, the keys aren't sending the right bits. I 'm going to try
to talk the manufacturer into an update to fix this.

How well does navigation work on Android when using Bluetooth with BrailleBack?
I rather suspect that it has a similar problem.

Anyway, that's my reason for trying to convince you to build the latest
development code and use USB.

>I think I can stop changing things up since I got the device to
>connect with the dongle. If I can get it to consistantly connect that
>way I agree, the internal one should work too.

Note, though, that the two have different Bluetooth device addresses. In other
words, you'd also need to pair with the internal host adapter. It's okay to
pair the device with more than one host adapter.

Also note that you lose the pairing when you do a factory reset of the device.
In that case, the device will have forgotten about the pairing even though the
host still "thinks" that it's been done. In that case you need to tell the host
to forget about the pairing and then repair.

>Navigating was confusing, and I couldn't get the help file to load
>which I think would have helped me know what keys to hit for what
>functions.

No, it'd be wrong due to the problem mentioned above.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |