[BRLTTY] is it possible to also control usb harddisks by using yours approach

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jan 18 17:04:45 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Mgr. Janusz Chmiel on 2020/01/18 at 21:46 +0100]

>I Am wondering, if it would be possible to control External Harddisks also
>from native .so libraryes like Braille devices.

Yes, but managing a USB mass storage device that way would, unless you do even
more special stuff, probably be not what you want because the file system
wouldn't be visible to the host file system.

>If I understand it correctly, Brllty drivers can directly control USB
>devices even if those Braille device drivers are not The part of Android
>kernel.

Yes, that's correct.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |