[BRLTTY] BrlAPI on Android

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Tue Jun 9 10:48:37 EDT 2020

Oh, it would be excellent ifr you could have some time and if you could
build .jar library for us. Because may be, that I would even try to control
Brltty by using Brlapi from Free Pascal compiler its JVM Android target
mode.
If you will generate stable .jar library, one advanced Pascal programmer
have tools which are able to convert Java classes to .pas source code and I
could use it from Pascal source code. I love Pascal, because there is one
big project, which do not require number position values in PIxels when
creating GUI. I know, that also advanced Java programmers can do that, but
in Pascal, I do not have to think about GUi related .xml files. I can use
altop, albottom and other adjective based directives how to place every GUI
element on The screen. Or it is simply possible to let special units to do
it automatically, because project developers have prepared .xml files so
user do not have to care about it wheile programming in Pascal.
Lamw uses .lfm form files with osition values so GUi can not be createšd.
Sure, with yours Brlapi we could even create GUi with empty screen at all
and user would be able to control apps by using Braille display buttons, but
we would had to prepare, that such apps would not be accepted by Google with
empty screens. But it would be possible to distribute those apps by other
forms than official services. I only hope, that Pascal will be usable.