[BRLTTY] Generate visual Braille

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Sat Nov 14 18:49:21 EST 2020

raphael.poitevin at gmail.com (Raphaël POITEVIN) writes:

> Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:
>
>> The contraction table itself would have to define that. I doubt that name
>> detection is simple since, for example, the first word of a sentence is
>> capitalized.
>
> echo "POITEVIN" | brltty-ctb -cfr-abrege
> ⠨⠨⠏⠾⠞⠑⠧⠔
>
> which is not  attended.

So you could define your own table, which would look like:

root at x1:/etc/xdg/brltty# cat fr-names.ctb
include fr-abrege.ctb
always poitevin =

root at x1:/etc/xdg/brltty# echo "POITEVIN" | brltty-ctb -cfr-names

Some tables solve part of this problem by defining a list of common
known names which should not (or only to a limited degree) be contracted.
This is always just an approximation.  Luckily, it is easy enough to
define your own table as an extension of an existing one.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕