[BRLTTY] strange behavior udev and systemd

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 23 10:26:56 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Alexander Epaneshnikov on 2020/11/23 at 11:45 +0300]

>followup to reconnection problem. if i disconnect display and connect it
>again
>systemd will flag unit as failed. i think this happens because
>Process /usr/lib/brltty/systemd-wrapper -C exits with code 3.

There's nothing in the log that indicates why that'd be. The only thing that I
can think of is that the expected PID file can't be found or accessed. That, of
course, shouldn't happen. It should be in /run/brltty/, and the only expected
reason for it to not be there is if brltty itself had terminated early and,
therefore, had already removed it.

All the -C option does is get the PID from the PID file and do a kill on it.
I'll do some experimenting with it, but this may only be happening elsewhere
(i.e. not for me).

Note that brltty's systemd wrapper uses exec to run brltty, so, by the time
brltty is running, the actual wrapper is entirely out of the picture.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |