[BRLTTY] strange behavior udev and systemd

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed Nov 25 11:47:40 EST 2020

Dave Mielke (2020/11/25 11:41 -0500):
> [quoted lines by Sébastien Hinderer on 2020/11/25 at 17:25 +0100]
>
> >If an instance is run as part of system boot, I would have guessed that
> >this instance run at boot would try to use the USB device, but I am
> >guessingI am wrong here?
>
> Yes, and that shouldn't be done by default on a systemd-managed system. I can
> see, however, why that wouldn't be obvious.

So are you saying that a Linux distribution like Debian should actually
not start brltty as part of its boot process by default?

I'm not sure how it's done because my braille display is generally
plugged very early, or I don't have an easy way to see whether brltty is
running while the device is not connected, so perhaps it is already
working like this.

Sébastien.