[BRLTTY] Custom key bindings

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Nov 25 12:52:21 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Vincent Le Goff on 2020/11/25 at 18:32 +0100]

>since I had saved the file on Windows, when I tried to copy it back (didn't do
>it with scp either) it kept the Windows line format which probably broke the
>configuration.

That shouldn't be a problem. I just converted a table to the Windows format,
i.e. to use CR+LF as a lnie terminator, and it was read in on Linux just fine.
That code was, in fact, written to support this.

>I've now changed these and everything works.

Did you do something more than remove the CR bytes?

If you still have the original, broen file, could you please gzip it and then
post it so that we can have a look at it?

>I don't really know why I installed this, it was the default version
>when I apt-get install brltty. I hadn't apt-get update before though, perhaps
>it will get updated.

Are you using an older release of Debian, then? Brltty 5.3 was released back in
December of 2015, so I rather doubt that it's the default in any recent Debian
release.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |