[BRLTTY] BRLTTY freezing

Brian Tew montanalag at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:04:04 EDT 2020

You could make a debug log and send it in to this list.
Good luck. I got that tee-shirt for sure.
Dave has bailed me out more than once.

> On Oct 15, 2020, at 5:17 PM, david.renstrom at gmail.com wrote:

Hi list,

I’ve just downloaded and installed the live distribution GRML 2020.06 on a USB memory. My braille displays are detected correctly, i.e. I’ve tried both a Focus Blue 40 V5 and a SuperVario 40. However, after startup, the braille freezes after about 15 seconds. If I then disconnect and re-connect the display, it works for a couple of seconds before freezing again. Of course, this makes it impossible to use.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens and what I can do about it? My guess is that some kind of auto detection is happening and that this somehow interferes with the braille driver.

Thanks,
/David R.