[BRLTTY] Being notified when battery level is low

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Oct 16 11:08:37 EDT 2020

Hello Mario,

> The only advice I can give about PulseAudio is to uninstall the damn thing.
> PA is one of the reasons why I no longer use X on Linux.

Well, I need to have sound and mic working in the browser for doing
conferences, also wanted to deal with several different speakers, so it
seemed PulseAudio was the only reasonable approach to make things work,
although work is a big word given the troubles I have.

> How is automount related?

At the moment, when I plug a USB mass storage device, it gets mounted
automatically somewhere when the graphical desktop is running. I'd
really like the desktop does not do anything, but at the same time I'd
really like this automount behavour happens for my USB things even when
X is not running.

> I am not resisting.  I just refuse to use something which makes me less
> efficient.

Yep, I understand.

> Also, I refuse to use something which can break from upgrade
> to upgrade.  Remember GNOME3? Never ever will I trust the FLOSS
> community again to maintain an accessibile graphical environment.
> Last thing I read from the Orca maintainer felt a lot like she is about
> to burn out.  Mostly because she feels like (and that is pretty much
> true) that the rest of the community is no longer interested in actually
> having a working accessible desktop.

There is on-going work involving Hypra and some people working on GTK,
let's hope this will lead somewhere.

Sébastien.