[BRLTTY] Key table definition for Modular Evolution

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Mon Apr 5 03:24:56 EDT 2021

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> I'm using a Handy Tech Modular Evolution 88 braille display. I noticed
> that B1+B8+Left/Right didn't activate braille input, as expected.

As you say, "as expected".

> I can fix this by creating a local table addition, but maybe it should
> be set in the defaults for convenience.

I am a little torn on this request.  On the one hand, you seem to
understand why input mode is deliberately not available on the ME, but
you still want it to be enabled by default?  This seems contradictory.

If you know how to enable it locally, I'd suggest you proceed and test
the ergonomics for a while.  If, after a few weeks of using this, you
still think it needs to be available by default, I am happy to follow
your advice.  As someone who has used a ME88 for roughly 10 years, I
personally never wanted to use input mode on it, the keys are just too
sturdy to be pretty together repeatedly.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕