[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 7 23:54:02 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Devin Prater on 2021/04/07 at 13:58 -0500]

>when I go to the next line, and it's at the end of the current screen, it doesn't scroll. Is there a way to have it scroll automatically?

Do you mean like when you're reading through a lobng list?

>This may be useful even in books or something.

When on what Android calls a "text view", it should be already dislaying the whole text, i.e. even text that isn't on the screen.

>I've just installed the app
>today, and had to play around with which settings were in the preferences
>menu, Space with P, and which are in the BRLTTY settings screen, including
>setting contracted braille to Unified instead of regular English US braille.

The general answer is that what's in the Android settings is the same as what needs to be configured in brltty.conf on Linux.

>Is it too much to ask that, in Chrome, text attributes, like bold, italics, underlines, be shown using the braille table's symbols for them, and paragraphs be indented, and headings be indented more?

I'll have a look into doing that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |