[BRLTTY] SIP client

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sun Apr 11 07:22:08 EDT 2021

Dear John,

Many thanks for having taken the time to respond, it has been very
interesting to read your message!

John Covici (2021/04/11 07:08 -0400):
> This would probably be a major  overkill, but if you set up freeswitch
> and its port audio module, that would be completely command line and
> it would work.  You then could use fs_cli and the pa command to make
> calls and you wouold have a pbx on your computer as well, but it would
> be a lot of configuration to go through.

I was not aware of this solution at all, so big thanks for having
mentionned it!

It seems involved indeed, but why not.

Do youhave any clue on how this cwould compare to asterisk, hich seems
to also have an audio channel that lets you emit and receive calls from
the commandline?

Thanks,

Sébastien.