[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Apr 12 13:31:32 EDT 2021

Aura Kelloniemi, le lun. 12 avril 2021 14:01:40 +0300, a ecrit:
> On 2021-04-12 at 12:11 +0200, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>  > Aura Kelloniemi, le lun. 12 avril 2021 12:58:53 +0300, a ecrit:
>  > > Could a new function brlapi_strerror_r be added that would be re-entrant?
>
>  > We could define add this indeed.
>
> But the problems of strerror and gai_strerror not being re-entrant still
> apply,

Yes, but strerror_r is available in posix 2001, and gai_strerror is not
said to be non-threadsafe, so I guess it means it has to be.  I guess we
can thus safely assume that we can build a brlapi_strerror_r from that
that is threadsafe on all current systems.

> To what names does BRLAPI_MAXNAMELENGTH refer to?

Currently that's only driver and model names. I don't think we want to
use it for more than that.

Samuel