[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Wed Apr 14 11:26:04 EDT 2021

Hello

This time my question is related to ignoring and acceptig keys and key ranges.

If I understand correctly, BrlAPI server holds a list of key ranges that the
client either wants or does not want to see. These are just plain numeric
ranges – no specific bit-pattern handling is performed on the server side to
specialize these ranges to BRLTTY commands or key syombols.

But if this is correct, how it is possible to ignore or accept some specific
command regardless of the flags? (As the flags are in the more significatn
bits of the key code value.)

It seems that I am missing some critical piece of information. I can't get the
brlapi__ignoreKeys function to work.

I wrote a test which tries to ignore the LNUP command:

  const brlapi_keyCode_t cmds[1] = { BRLAPI_KEY_CMD_LNUP };
  brlapi_ignoreKeys(brlapi_rangeType_command, cmds, 1)

but I get an invalid parameter error.

The documentation is scarce and from the code I understand that I am doing
something wrong, but I don't get what exactly.

Thanks for any help.

--
Aura