[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Thu Apr 15 06:06:18 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-15 at 10:02 +0200, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
 > Aura Kelloniemi, le jeu. 15 avril 2021 08:03:30 +0300, a ecrit:
 > > I tried this with ignoreKeys, and now I get an Illegal instruction error
 > > instead of Invalid parameter.

 > Had you called enterTty before this?

No I hadn't and realized my self that it was the problem. Now it works. I have
a follow-up question:

Are the key ranges (to be accepted or ignored) defined per-handle or per-tty?

I.e. if I acquire a TTY, make changes to the accepted key ranges, drop the TTY
and acquire a new one, what key ranges will be in effect in the new TTY?

Then Another thing: can BrlAPI server revoke access to a TTY in some condition
after it has already been granted – i.e. can the connection be dropped from
tty (or raw or suspend) mode to the authentication mode without the client
asking for it? This information is necessary for me to make decisions about
types used in the higher level Rust interface.

--
Aura