[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Fri Apr 16 05:33:31 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-16 at 09:08 +0200, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
 > Aura Kelloniemi, le ven. 16 avril 2021 09:24:31 +0300, a ecrit:
 > > On 2021-04-16 at 00:49 +0200, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
 > >  > At worse another client is masking the output and getting all keypresses,
 > >  > but if that client goes away your client gets back control of the tty.
 > >
 > > Can the client detect this situation somehow?

 > No.

This would be a nice addition. Maybe a new read-only parameter could be added?

 > > Also, if the display is physically disconnected – or the braille driver is
 > > stopped – is there a way for the API client to detect this?

 > Yes, that's visible by monitoring the parameters (probably display size,
 > driver name, model, etc.)

Ok, I try to test this.

I read that it is possible to use enterTtyMode even when the client is already
controlling a TTY. What happens if this call fails – will the original TTY be
still available, or will the connection be dropped to the authentication mode?

--
Aura