[BRLTTY] QBraille and mantis

Justin Pospical jpospical at fastmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:46:36 EDT 2021

Hi,

The Mantis will currently only work via USB, as bluetooth HID has not yet been implemented. You'll also need to either run from master or patch brltty for now, until the next release. The QBraille works very well, and uses the Hims driver (it's regarded by screen readers as a Braille Edge). If you want to control brltty directly you'll need to turn off hybrid mode, at least temporarily. It is handy, though, when you want to enter contracted braille, which as far as I'm aware brltty does not yet support. Let me know if you have any other questions about the QBraille, as that's my primary display.

Justin