[BRLTTY] Adding support for new HumanWare devices

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Aug 3 11:29:08 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Étienne Carrier on 2021/08/03 at 15:06 +0000]

>First I wanted to implement support for both devices at the same time but when I started having issues I realised it was probably easier to add support to one device at the time.

For USB, does the 20X have a different model identifier and/or vendor/product identiiers? If so, what are they and I'll add them.

>I meant that I was able to sucessfully connect my device with a USB cable to my computer and control a "text-only" console with it using the HID protocol.

That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure.

>Yes, they are using the same firmware.

So, yes, performance should be the same. It looks like you more or less copied the entries for (maybe) the Braille One. That ought to work.

To be absolutely sure, are you using the same host port and USB cable? In other words, is the braille device the only thing that's different and the performance is still different?

>FYI, I am quite inexperienced with using mailing lists. If I do anything that is not quite following certain rules of etiquette with mailing lists, please feel free to inform me so I'm able to use it correctly!

Just be yourself. Things like politeness, respect, we're all equal, we're all helpful, no one is ever told to just go away and read documentation, etc go a long way.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |