[BRLTTY] Adding support for new HumanWare devices

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Aug 3 14:53:43 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Étienne Carrier on 2021/08/03 at 17:36 +0000]

>I was under the impression that the HW_ModelIdentifier enum (where HW_MODEL_HW_BI40X comes from) defined a series of unique IDs on BRLTTY's side to identify various product because It doesn't appear to fit with anything on my side. That's why I just added a new element to the enum and incremented it by one.

Okay, I need to refresh my memory on such things. It's used in the serial protocol to identify which device it is. USB HID doesn't use it because the vendor/product identifiers are used to perform that function. Still, though, it's definititely an HW-assigned value. Also, of course, for USB serial and Bluetooth serial, HW would need to assign a unique value.

I'll remove it for the 40X. Maybe it doesn't even apply to theAPH and NLS models and the Braille One. Really, though, it'd sure be nice if all six of these models would support Bluetooth serial.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |