[BRLTTY] Typing in UEB

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 18 11:07:59 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Jon McLaughlin on 2021/08/16 at 08:07 -0600]

>I've got BRLTTY running on a raspberry PI. I got it to output in UEB but I cannot figure out how to switch the inputs into UEB.

You can't because brltty doesn't (yet) support contracted braille input.

>I have looked in the text preference and it has options for EN and EN-US but is I go to the login screen and type dots 23 I get it translated to a ueb number two with the leading number sign and it doesn't seem to matter which of those two I choose,

The term "text table", as used within brltty, means computer braille. While output can be switched between computer braille and contracted braille, input is always in computer braille (according to the currently selected text table).

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |