[BRLTTY] NLS EReader thumb keys

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Aug 26 20:12:54 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Devin Prater on 2021/08/26 at 12:28 -0500]

>The only problem I have is that the thumb keys are reversed as to
>what functions they'd normally do. The Up and Down keys, the one on the far
>left and far right, are supposed to move one line up (left) and one line
>down (right). The other two, Back and Advance, or Left and Right as I think
>they're actually called, are for panning the display. Is there a reason
>those functions were reversed?

We made those assignments, as near as I can remember, when Humanware only had models where that didnt' matter. Now, unfortunately for us, they have "smart" devices and made assignments that didn't agree with ours. That gives us essentially three choices:

First: Leave it as it is.

Second: Change our assignments to match theirs. This'd mean that all those who use Humanware devices with brltty would need to adapt.

Third: Only change our assignments for newer Humanware models. That'd mean that we'd have an inconsistency between older and newer HW models.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |