[BRLTTY] The braille keyboard on my display doesn't work

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Aug 31 20:25:58 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Bertil Smark Nilsson on 2021/09/01 at 08:56 +1000]

> Nothing  happens when I press space+k.

Well, I did say that it's Spae+k+Dot8 to enable and Space+k+Dot7 to disable. In other words, Space+k (without either Dot7 or dot8 added) won't do it.

>The joystick doesn't work either.

Which braille device are you using?

>Is there a way to access the preferences menu from the QWERTY keôboard?

Do you mean that your braille device has a qwerty keyboard? If so, that, too, depends on which braille deivce you have. Some present a HID keyboard to the host and others include their qwerty keyboard events as part of their braille driver protocol.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |