[BRLTTY] brltty 6.4 often crashes how to debug?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Dec 16 14:27:54 EST 2021

In the attached file only these two lines are not commented:

contraction-table	zh-tw	# Chinese (Taiwan, uncontracted)
keyboard-table	pc	# bindings for braille keyboards

Using this config file brings no issue at all.
1) start brltty as root or as regular user
2) check the process typing:
ps -C brltty
3) type: brltty -V
4) type again:
ps -C brltty
The brltty process is still there.

So, no issue here.

Did you try other settings or command options than the one in the attached
brltty.conf and if yes which ones exactly?

Best regards,
Didier